Jumpstart is a national early education organization that recruits and trains college students and community volunteers to work with preschool children in low-income neighborhoods.
Through a proven curriculum, these children develop the language and literacy skills they need to be ready for school, setting them on a path to close the achievement gap before it is too late.
Join us to work toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed.
Jumpstart Corps members have the unique opportunity to inspire young children to learn, serve in a local community, collaborate with others on a team, and build professional skills. All Corps members receive high quality training to help them implement Jumpstart’s outcome-based program, promote children’s school success, and build family involvement.
Jumpstart at Georgia Tech serves multiple preschool classrooms located in our community. Jumpstart members at Georgia Tech can benefit from the following:
- Potential to earn a Federal Work-Study award during term of service
- AmeriCorps members will be eligible to receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award upon completion of a 300-hour service term
- Extensive training in the field of early childhood education
- Unique opportunity to join a national network of individuals serving young children
- Invaluable opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young children